Everyone has hair all over their bodies, men and women. When it becomes a problem is when they get an excess of hair particularly on the face. How much body hair you have is largely a genetic factor. Some people will have more hair and it is dark and easy to see, while others won’t have as much and/or it is light and not very easy to see. Whatever your situation, take heart, you can learn how to avoid facial hair growth.
Getting rid of unwanted facial hair today is easier and has more options than in the past. There are many ways of getting rid of facial hair, you don’t have to rely solely on a razor anymore. As a matter of fact, using a razor in some instances may not be the best thing to do at all.
Here are some options you can use to have the silky smooth, hairless face you’ve always wanted:
- We’ll start with the most obvious: shaving. This is the most temporary of solutions and has a lot of negative side effects, such as razor burn and rapid regrowth. For those two reasons, shaving is not the preferred hair removal method for women.
- Using tweezers. This method is effective since it literally pulls the hair out by the root so it takes longer for the hair to grow back. But it is uncomfortable and it takes a very long time. Tweezing will work best on very small areas such as eyebrows, and stray chin or lip hairs.
- Depilatory gels. These products are formulated to affect the hair shaft in such a way as to make it easy to remove. They tend to work well for most people, but they are made up of harsh chemicals which can be very irritating to the skin. Before you use one, you should test a small amount on an inconspicuous spot on your face to make sure you don’t have a severe reaction. Only use a depilatory that is formulated for use on the face, and make sure to carefully read and follow all directions.
- Waxing. This is the same basic technique as tweezing: you remove an area of hair literally from it’s roots. The difference is that wax can be applied to a large area of skin and you can get a lot of hair removed in one fell swoop. There are many types of waxing products on the market, some work better than others, so you may want to experiment with a couple different brands to find the best one for you. As with the depilatory, make sure to use the wax on a small section of your skin to see if you have any adverse reactions to it before putting it on a large section of your skin.
- Electrolysis. This is a permanent solution to unwanted hair. This method involves killing the hair by running an electrical current through the shaft. This method is extremely effective, but it can be time consuming and expensive. You will need several treatments since each hair follicle needs to be ‘zapped’ individually.
- Laser. This treatment has to be done by someone who is licensed. It too can be time consuming and expensive, and it may not be permanent. Before choosing this option make sure you take the time to ask a lot of questions.
There you have it, a complete list of the various methods for getting rid of unwanted facial hair as well as a few things to learn how to avoid facial hair growth in the first place. Take some time and learn more about each method, then find the one that is right for you.